Hello, friends! I hope you’ve been enjoying the Happy Home Blog Hop this week! I wanted to pop in and share one of my latest makes, the Union St. Tee – with maternity modifications! I LOVE this t-shirt and the adjustments I made to the pattern were minimal, so I thought I’d share with you guys! =)
For this pattern, I cut a size medium (which is what I would normally sew, pregnant or not.. I like my tees to fit a little looser). Click here to see this tee fit me in my non-pregnant body.
Instructions for Union St. Tee Maternity Modifications:
1. Take the front bodice PATTERN piece and cut along the shorten/lengthen line.
2. Add 6″ between the two pattern pieces and cut your fabric.
3. Cut the fabric for your back pattern piece as you normally would (not adding the extra 6″).
4. On the front bodice piece, Measure up from the hem line 8″ and again at 16″. Using elastic thread in the bobbin, gather between the two marks you made enough so the front and back bodice pieces match in length.
5. Sew the shirt per instructions given in the pattern!
It was so easy to make these mods + I still have a lot of room to grow into in this tee (I am almost 29 weeks pregnant in these photos). You can grab this pattern from Hey June Handmade – I’m sure it will become a staple in your wardrobe!